Director of Adult Faith Formation
Newman Parish is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Adult Faith Formation to serve a diverse parish community on the campus of the University of Missouri. This position reports directly to the Pastor and serves with a team of faith formation ministers including RCIA Director, Middle School/High School Youth Minister, and Director of Grade School Religious Education, as well as with college campus ministry.
This position is responsible for the faith formation of adults in the Catholic tradition.
- Organizing and leading adult faith formation classes, lectures, events, retreats and small groups, both individually and in collaboration with other staff.
- Recruiting and training lay volunteers, small group leaders and participants.
- Overseeing parish lay-led ministries such as the prayer team, library team, parishioner evangelization and welcome team, and ministries to the homebound and hospitalized.
- Collaborating with international parishioners and working to address their unique needs.
- Fulfill office duties in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Practicing Catholic who understands and supports the teachings of the Catholic Church and feels comfortable joyfully explaining them when asked.
- Bachelor’s degree in Catholic theology required, master’s preferred.
- Flexible schedule to work weekend and evening activities or events.
- Consistent standard office hours.
- Familiarity with social media and informational technology skills (parish specific databases) to be an effective communicator.
Salary commensurate with experience. Position includes benefits and flex time.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three current professional references by December, 2021, to Fr. Dan Merz at [email protected].