Assistant Director of Campus Ministry
Newman Parish, serving the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou) and two other colleges is accepting applications for the Assistant Director of Campus Ministry. The Assistant Director reports directly to the Director of Campus Ministry and serves with a team of priests, two other professional campus ministry staff, FOCUS missionaries, and student interns.
The Assistant Director for Campus Ministry has a primary emphasis in ministries related to new student outreach, retreats, spirituality, service, and communications. An excellent candidate will live the Catholic faith in his/her daily life, balance a Catholic theological background with pastoral skills, and have strong communication, organization, and planning skills.
- Coordinate new student outreach (freshmen, transfers, international students), including summer outreach to incoming Catholic students, all welcome events, and initiatives throughout the year.
- Facilitate comprehensive retreat program, including Freshmen Ignite, Busy Person’s Retreat, and a major component of the Awakenings Retreat program.
- Oversee spiritual formation ministries of Ephesians 3 (weekly faith and fellowship), Prayer & Discernment, and Vocations. Serve as a liaison to vocation directors of dioceses and religious orders.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Mentors and Refugee Kids (MARK) after-school program.
- Serve as the Campus Ministry liaison to the Communication Director to collect and prioritize information for print and digital advertising.
- Be an active presence at the Student Mass and support other events led by students.
- Mentor student leaders serving in the above ministries.
- Manage football parking season pass sales; staff parking lot for Mizzou home football games.
- Attend mission trips and/or other trips, as needed.
- Be an involved member of the Mizzou Association of Campus Religious Advisors.
- Be an involved member of the Catholic Campus Ministry Association and maintain (or work towards) certification.
- Fulfill office duties in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
- Coursework in theology or a related area preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Campus Ministry required.
- Familiarity with social media and informational technology skills and ministry resources.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for the ministry.
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three current professional references by November 15, 2021 (or until the position is filled) to Angelle Hall, Director of Campus Ministry at [email protected].