The St. Thomas More Newman center is seeking a part-time Campus Ministry Office Assistant. The Campus Ministry Team consists of three professional campus ministers, the development director, the liturgy director, four missionaries, and the priests. The Campus Ministry Office Assistant provides administrative, secretarial, and clerical support to the team as they minister to the college students at Mizzou, Stephens College, and Columbia College.
An ideal candidate will have attention to detail, work management and prioritizing skills, organizational skills, flexibility, and reliability. They should also be comfortable with and understand how to work with volunteers and interns. Ideally, they will have previous office experience and must have competent computer skills including MS Office, Google Suite, and online databases.
Essential job functions will include:
- Update and maintaining records in the database (student records and alumni/parent records)
- Providing secretarial support for retreats and Development events
- Reconcile monthly Campus Ministry budget statements
- Manage tailgating parking lot season pass process
- Collect payments for events and merchandise
- Record incoming gifts for Development
- Type documents, reports, and correspondence
- Fill in for the front desk in the main office, as needed
This is a part-time position of 20 hours a week for 40 weeks of the year (first full week in August through the last full week of May, excluding Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, New Year’s week, and MU’s Spring Break week). Exact hours/days will be mutually agreed upon between the employer and employee.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and professional references to JoAnn Shull ([email protected]) no later than Friday, March 27. Strong applicants will be contacted for interviews in early April.