Click HERE to sign up to attend our Student Welcome Mass on August 23 at 8 p.m.
Great! We are happy to have you in our community. Let’s get you acquainted.
- Join us for Daily Mass: Monday –Friday at Noon; please sign up to attend
- Attend a Weekend Mass: Saturday @ 5pm, Sunday @ 8:30am, 11am (livestreamed), 5pm; please sign up to attend.
- Although Mass sign-ups are highly encouraged to ensure your seat, you can still just show up and to attend Mass.
- Complete your annual registration with us.
- Registering with our parish helps us know you are attending Mass here, while in college, and helps ups learn about you, your faith needs, and your interests, so we know how to serve you. Registering with us does not impact your registration at your parish back home.
- Get ready for Welcome Week! Stop by Newman August 17– 21 between 1-7pm to meet your student leaders, campus ministers and get a welcome gift.
- Attend the Welcome Mass on Sunday, August 23rd at 8pm in the Newman Parking Lot. Sign up to attend the Welcome Mass here
- Although sign-up is highly encourage, you can still come if you didn’t sign-up in advance.
Finding us & navigating our building
We are located just west of Traditions Plaza and Cornell Hall/the Business School.
*Building entrances listed on the map below are located on Tuner Ave.
Our front porch area is located on the Tiger Ave end of the building, across from Cornell Hall/the Business School. If you enter those doors, go down the stairs and just keep going straight to reach the chapel.
Ephesians Three (E3)
E3 is an hour of prayer, a talk, praise & worship music. Join us every Wednesday,
starting August 26th, at 9 p.m. in the Chapel to reflect on your relationship with
God and talk with your peers about faith. For more information, contact Joe Sinek at [email protected] If you cannot make it to Newman, rest
assured E3 is still available to you, watch it live on Instagram; past talks are also
available on our YouTube channel.
Looking for a place to talk about faith this semester? Join a small group! Small
groups are a great place to meet new people and have discussions about your
faith life. Most discussion and activities are based around Scripture and church
teaching. Newman hosts students nearly 100+ students in over 20 small groups,
designed to fit your schedule! For more information, contact Mizzou FOCUS Team
Director, McKenna Kukla, [email protected]
Holy Hours and Power Hour
Newman has a Holy Hour Monday through Friday from
8:30-9:30 a.m. in the Chapel. Come spend some time with the Lord in prayer with
the Newman community! In addition, there is a Power Hour of prayer every
Mondayat 9:05 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Building hours, rules, and usage
- The chapel is available for prayer and spending time with the blessed Sacrament when the building is open.
- The Library and study rooms, on the second floor, are available, on a first come - first serve basis, when the building is open. Please use the self-serve cleaning supplies in these spaces to sanitize before and after using them.
- Newman is a convenient place to stop and study or relax between classes! Here are just a few of the perks:
- Free wireless internet
- Student Lounge area—open M-F 8a.m. – 5p.m.; closed Saturdays, and open 5-10 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Daily Masses at noon (lasts about 30 minutes)
- Eating is not allowed in the building; you may use the fridge and microwave, in the student lounge, to store and reheat your food, but take your meals to the courtyard, Turner Ave patio, or the front porch (located at the Tiger Ave entrance), to eat.
Newman sells some permit parking spaces (marked in white) to students, faculty and staff and retains a limited number of visitor spaces (marked in yellow) for those coming to Newman for Mass, to pray, for meetings, and other events. Visitors need to park in the designated section and sign their cars in at the parking station, located outside the parish office, during business hours (except if you are just coming for daily mass). During the weekends and evenings our lot (and adjacent University parking) is available.
For more details and everything about Campus Ministry, click HERE