Newman Volunteer Corps (NVC) is a program committed to helping both student and resident parishioners grow in compassion through education, action, reflection, and prayer on social justice concerns. NVC offers everyone an opportunity to reflect and pray about volunteer and advocacy experiences in the context of our Catholic faith. The group coordinates many efforts such as the Sister Parish relationship, mentoring at-risk youth, visiting nursing homes, and much more.
The following are ongoing ministries supported through NVC:
- Newman Night at the Food Bank — second Monday of the month
- Newman Night at Loaves and Fishes — second Wednesday of the month
- Interfaith Garden — weekly Wednesdays and Sundays
- Blood Drive — winter and summer
- Day of Service — fall semester
- ForColumbia — spring semester
Mentoring At-Risk Youth (MARK) Ministry: MARK volunteers form positive relationships with at-risk youth in our Columbia community through academic tutoring, being a positive role model and supportive friend, and encouraging them to achieve their dreams! Volunteers commit to mentoring K – 8 students once a week for two hours through Como Youth Works. Sign up to volunteer on the Campus Ministry Sign Ups page.