The Voice of the Parish
The Parish Pastoral Council typically meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the Aquinas Room. All are welcome to attend! Parish Council is made up of both resident and student parishioners. The 2017 Chairperson is Donna Blauch (email@example.com). View the minutes from the most recent meetings here.
2018 Parish Council Call for Applications
Council Application Form 2017 – Due Monday, November 27 by 4pm
Council Commitment Form SAMPLE – to be signed after new member appointment
- New Parish Council Bylaws
- Term limits – January 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019 (15 months)
- Option to renew or step off after your term is complete (you’re not signing your life away!)
- No elections – mutual discernment process with application
- Council members will serve as commission liaisons (1-3 per commission), helping to communicate information and fostering the development of each commission:
- Service & Justice
- Campus Ministry
- The Council positions of President and Secretary will not hold liaison roles
- With Pastor, set coordinated effort for the total pastoral plan for the parish
- Help to implement renewed commission structure
- Foster cross-ministry communication and collaboration within the parish
- Any registered adult member of the parish willing to serve
- 12 total positions – minimum of 4 for students, 4 for residents
- Attend monthly meetings (students are not required to attend during school breaks)
How to apply:
- Download a Council Application Form or pick up a paper copy in the Gathering Space
- Complete the form and return it via email to Fr. Rich or to the parish office no later than 4pm on Monday, November 27.
- Applicants will be reviewed by Newman staff and current Council. Applicants will be chosen based upon skills of the applicant and the needs of the parish.
- New members will be asked to sign a Council Commitment Form for the length of their term