The Hospitality Commission of the St. Thomas More Newman Center serves as a resource for promoting and providing welcoming opportunities within the parish. All members and guests are invited to participate in events and become one with others in the community. The Commission is led by Nancy Howard (email@example.com).
The Hospitality Commission provides:
- A welcome to new parishioners
- Receptions following special activities
- Luncheons or receptions for grieving families
- Meals for families with newborns or illness of a family member
- Coffees for unique groups within the parish, e.g. students, international families
- Dinners for visiting clergy and special guests
- Support for activities and special events of the parish community
- Assist in the building and strengthening our parish community
Special Dinners and Events
The commission hosts regularly scheduled and special events as requested by our pastor. A commission coordinator recruits volunteers to prepare and serve food and create an inviting environment for our community.
Members of the commission organize a reception or meal for the family and friends of a deceased parishioner. A commission member serves as a coordinator for one month of the year. She or he contacts the family to discuss their needs and how best to provide food following the funeral service.
A commission coordinator organizes volunteers to provide meals on a short-term basis for members of our church community who are returning home from the hospital or to the family of a newborn.
The parishioner contacts the church office and they in turn notify a member of the Meal Ministry Team of the need. The team member contacts family to identify their needs, menus, and time for meal deliveries.
Hospitality volunteers host a coffee in the Gathering Space the last Sunday of the month, except for holiday and holy day breaks. The event consists of coffee, tea, juice, baked goods, and fruit. Parishioners have an opportunity to enjoy conversation with old friends and make new acquaintances. Sometimes other parish commissions host the event to introduce their activities to our parishioners. Volunteers are welcome.