Applications for 2018 Resident Campus Minister now open!
The St. Thomas More Newman Center serving the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou) and two other colleges is accepting applications for a full-time, post-graduate Resident Campus Minister. The Resident Campus Minister position is a one-year internship with an option to renew for one year. The Resident Campus Minister reports directly to the Director of Campus Ministry and serves with a team of priests, three other professional campus ministry staff, and FOCUS missionaries.
The Resident Campus Minister has primary emphases in ministries related to evangelization, our weekly large group fellowship, and retreats. The Resident Campus Minister lives in an apartment at the Newman Center and works as a part of the Campus Ministry Team to serve the collegiate and parish community through practical ministry and a ministry of presence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate and supervise weekly large group ministry.
- Support new student outreach.
- Supervise Peer Ministry coordinator and team.
- Mentor student leaders with evangelization roles (Greek, Intramurals, Socials).
- Support FOCUS missionaries in accessing building and data resources for Bible Studies.
- Coordinate food hospitality for student Masses and other seasonal events.
- Facilitate locking of the building.
- Coordinate cleaning and care of campus ministry spaces.
- Serve in a supporting role for our retreat program.
- Be an active presence at the 8 pm Student Mass and support other events led by students.
- Attend mission trips and/or other trips, as needed.
- Staff parking lot for Mizzou home football games (shared by campus ministry staff).
- Become a member of the Catholic Campus Ministry Association
- Fulfill office duties in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience as a student in Campus Ministry required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for the ministry.
- Experience in small group Bible studies preferred.
- Compensation consists of an apartment (utilities and parking included), monthly stipend, and benefits.
Interested? Please submit cover letter, resume, and three current professional references by February 23, 2018, to Angelle Hall, Director of Campus Ministry, at email@example.com.