Winter Blood Drive
Give the Gift of Life
Our Newman Community is called upon when things get tough … like the weather in January. Newman’s annual winter blood drive will be Sunday, January 21, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. upstairs in the MPR.
We will be signing folks up to donate blood or to volunteer to help on the weekend before the blood drive at all of the Masses. You may also schedule a time to donate by going to www.redcross.org and using the sponsor code: NewmanCenterMO. There are also some new and exciting electronic ways of facilitating your donation. The Red Cross has started “RapidPass,” which is a way of doing your donation health histories on your computer at home (or iPhone) in the morning before arriving; this can save time in the donation room helping things to run more smoothly. Go to www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass for all the details.
If you are unable to donate blood, but would like to help with the blood drive, you may contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-445-6737.
You can help by:
A) Donating blood — Sign up before or after Mass the weekend of January 13/14.
You can donate blood if you:
- Are at least 17 years old. (16 with signed parental form).
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Haven’t donated since November 26.
- Have an ID (driver’s license, donor card, etc.)
- Are in good health. (Please eat a good breakfast on the morning of the drive.)
B) Volunteering your help.
We need Volunteers who can:
- Help unload the Red Cross truck and set up at 7 a.m. This is an important job. If you are an early riser, please consider running over to Newman for a half hour or so.
- Greeter: greet and guide donors as they arrive.
- Donor Room: help in the donor room—mainly visiting with donors and seeing that things are running smoothly.
- Canteen: help serve drinks and snacks, signing donor cars, visiting, and being watchful.
- Make snacks: cookies, veggie/fruit tray, etc. for the canteen.
- Help to reload the Red Cross truck at about 2 p.m. (Takes about 20 mins.)