Training for Emergency Volunteers will be held the weekend of May 21 in the chapel at the following times:
- 12:15 p.m. on Sunday, May 21
- 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 21
If you would like to be a volunteer and have not previously signed up, please attend one of the trainings.
Emergency volunteers are needed for the weekend Masses to assume responsibility for implementing the emergency plan at the time of incident and provide leadership until emergency personnel arrive. These volunteers will rotate on a regular schedule like other roles at Mass. Assignments include:
- Sit in a designated location during assigned Mass
- Follow provided safety guide to help manage emergencies that happen during Mass (tornadoes, intruders, injuries, illnesses)
- Coordinate use of the first aid kit, AED, body fluid kit and emergency backpack
- Call first responders (911) as needed
- Complete an incident report after each event
If you are interested in assisting with this important ministry, please attend one of the trainings or contact Jim Tunink at firstname.lastname@example.org.